Elite Education Institute and The University of Newcastle Articulation Agreement
EEI’s Graduate Certificate in Business is an entry level course for the Master Program at the University of Newcastle (UoN). EEI has an Articulation Agreement with UoN which allows students to receive credit against the total units of study required for further studies, such as selected Master Programs at UoN (upon successful completion of EEI’s Graduate Certificate in Business). Students are able to enter into the following Master Programs at UoN:
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Cooperatives Management and Organisation
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Master of Internal Business
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting (Advanced)
EEI’s Graduate Certificate in Business course structure is based on one semester commitment (26 weeks duration), with four core units of study (6 credit points per unit of study) to be taken. To qualify for an award of the Graduate Certificate in Business, a candidate shall accrue an aggregate of at least 24 credit points, including satisfactory completion of four core units of study as indicated below.
Content of the course of study
|Units of Study
|· BUS401 Research Methods – Quantitative & Qualitative
· BUS402 Professional Ethics, CSR & Corporate Governance
· ACC401 Accounting Principles
· MGT401 Managerial Thought and Practice
· FIN401 Business Finance
· ECO401 Economics for Business
|Rules of progression
|Path 1: For completion of a Graduate Certificate in Business, at least four units of study as indicated above have to be taken, that is students can elect to study four units from the list of six supplied.
|Path 2: Students who intend to study a Graduate Certificate in Business as a pathway to further studies such as selected Master Programs at the University of Newcastle (UoN), will receive credit against the total units of study required for further studies at UoN. It is recommended that students complete all 6 units to receive the maximum credit against the total units of study required for further studies at UoN.
|Pre-requisites for specific units of study