The Bachelor Information Technology provides students with a solid grounding in the fundamental theories and applications of Information Technology, including programming, operating systems, databases, networking /cloud, security, and software project management.
By completing this course, students will acquire essential knowledge and skills in Information Technology, creating a solid base to continue their progression in the IT industry. Upon completion, students may choose to further progress to higher-level courses such as a Master of Information Technology
Structure of the course of study
The course structure is based on one semester with 14 weeks duration. It comprises:
- 19 core units (including 2 capstone units in Year 3) offered uniquely by BIT and 5 elective units from the Bachelor of Business over 3 years.
- The elective units from the Bachelor of Business study will provide BIT graduates with the fundamental business knowledge and empower them to align their ICT knowledge and skills with an understanding of day-to-day business operations.
To qualify for the award of the Bachelor Information Technology, a candidate shall:
- Complete 24 units with accrued aggregate of at least 144 credit points, including satisfactory completion of the all core units (19 units of 114 credit points) noted below.
|First Year||Credit Points|
|ICT101||Communication for ICT Professionals||6|
|ICT102||Programming Principles – Python||6|
|ICT103||Introduction to Database Systems||6|
|ICT105||System Analysis and Design||6|
|ICT106||Programming in Java 1 – Fundamentals (Prerequisite ICT102)||6|
|Elective Unit||ELE 1||Select from EEI’s Bachelor of Business degree units||6|
|ELE 2||Select from EEI’s Bachelor of Business degree units||6|
|Second Year||Credit Points|
|ICT201||Data Structures and Algorithms (Prerequisite ICT106)||6|
|ICT202||Programming in Java 2 – User Interface (UI) (Prerequisite ICT103, ICT106)||6|
|ICT203||Software Design and Architecture||6|
|ICT204||ICT Project Management||6|
|ICT205||Software Development Practice (Prerequisite ICT202)||6|
|ICT206||Networking Fundamentals (Prerequisite ICT104)||6|
|ICT207||Web Programming (Prerequisite ICT103, ICT105)||6|
|Elective Unit||ELE 3||Select from EEI’s Bachelor of Business degree units||6|
|Third Year||Credit Points|
|ICT301||Ethics and Professional Practice||6|
|ICT302||Software Development Project 1 (Prerequisite ICT105, ICT203, ICT204, ICT205, co-requisites ICT301)||6|
|ICT303||Cloud Computing (Prerequisite ICT104)||6|
|ICT304||Mobile Application Development – Android (Prerequisite ICT202, ICT207||6|
|ICT305||Software Development Project 2 (Prerequisite ICT302)||6|
|ICT306||Cyber Security Management (Prerequisite ICT206 & ICT303)||6|
|Elective Unit||ELE 4||Select from EEI’s Bachelor of Business degree units||6|
|ELE 5||Select from EEI’s Bachelor of Business degree units||6|
- All elective unit selections must follow the EEI’s Bachelor of Business degree’s unit prerequisite requirements;
- ICT302 & ICT305 are related capstone units, which require the students to complete a real- world software development project.
All existing EEI Bachelor of Business units are available for electives, subject to fulfilling the pre-requisite requirements.